So I went into town today to get some stuff to take with me on a trip to Somerset next weekend -- just basic stuff like extra soap, wet wipes, deodorant, toothpaste, pencils, paper, lactase tablets, you know, the usual. First time I've really been away by myself, I'm going to the Dicworld Emporium's "spring fling" convention, fairly small event for fans of Terry Pratchett's Discworld books, I'll be meeting some friends from online there for the first time so wish me luck.
I've also been posting some sketches to my scrapbook lately, check those out if you want to. Sorry again for lack of finished artwork lately.
While I was getting the stuff for my trip I also went to the post office to pick up my last ever package from Rooster Teeth store today.
Why did I have to pick it up?
Because the Rooster Teeth store doesn't let you add VAT and other international customs charges to packages when you order them so I had to pay those charges plus handling fee when I went to collect it.
Why last ever?
Well, aside from the inconvenient charges I have to pay every time I get something from RT store...
The first order I ever got from RT store came in a nice cardboard box with packing around fragile stuff like CD cases, and although other orders have come in envelopes instead all previous orders from Rooster Teeth usually had at least some kind of packing around the CD cases and stuff like that with the exception of when I ordered one DVD on its own and it came in a paper envelope without even any bubblewrap but I figured it was because it was just one thing and the DVD case was just a bit scuffed so it wasn't too bad, but this time I ordered a few DVDs, some CDs and other bits and bobs and all the stuff was just stuck in a big card envelope. I was expecting a proper box since I'd ordered several CDs and DVDs and a few other bits this time, but nope, just a card envelope. Thankfully there wasn't any significant damage to the stuff apart from a slight scuffing on one CD cover and one of the DVD cases was a tad bent but nothing unfixable, but it just seems kind of stupid to send stuff like that between countries in such flimsy packaging.
Not really going to be a problem in future since with the end of the Project Freelancer series I'm not going to be following RvB or Rooster Teeth's other shows anymore, so that's the real reason this is my last package from RT, but I still feel a bit annoyed at the way it was sent.
I also didn't get the Grifball DVD (which is meant to come with the Recollection DVD set), as it was apparently out of stock.
Hopefully when I eventually get my Twokinds books they'll be shipped in something more substantial. At least books don't get extra tax on them... I think.
So yeah, that's my rant done.Incidentally the reason I never talk about more serious stuff that's happening in the world in these journals is:
1) That's what the news and newspapers are for, this is my personal journal for personal things.
2) I don't like to put people on depressing guilt trips just because something bad is happening in the world, there are always bad things happening and we cope with life by trying not to think about them too much. We give to charities, we help more directly with anything that happens in our area, we get on with our lives.
So just in case anyone's wondering why I haven't mentioned certain events that have happened recently: I've spoken to people I know who they may affect, they're fine, anything else is sad but it's on the news and in the papers or at the very least on a news website somewhere.
Well, I'd best be off, got some work to get back to.
Have a good weekend, folks.
Have some tea
P.S. Almost forgot to post this, it's been ages since I originally commented on Otar's journal that had this in [link]
completely forgot about it.
Anyway, comment and in my reply I will:
(1) Tell you something I learned about you by looking at your DA page.
(2) Tell you a color you remind me of.
(3) Tell you what element I believe you belong to (e.g. water, fire, air, etc.).
(4) Tell you which one of your OC's is my favorite.
(5) Ask you a question, and you must answer.
(6) Tell you something I like about you or your art.
(7) Give you a nickname.
(8) Tell you what am I doing right now.
(9) Tell you what food/ flavor/smell you remind me of.
(10) Tell you to do this in your journal too, if you haven't already. Apparently. But you don't have to do it if you don't want to.